Saturday 12 May 2012

Blue Chalcedony Drusy Riveted Ring

This is one of my most recent pieces that I really enjoyed making, and it was one of my first attempts to use rivets. I learned the procedure many years ago, but I never used this technique for my pieces until know. I made it for a challenge of the Aspiring Metalsmiths etsy team that I participate in. The stone is a chalcedony drusy that my sister brought me from a trip to Turkey. The sparkling surface of this stone reminds me of frozen waters and icebergs, so I'll call it the «Icy Lake Ring». Now my sister swims in this lake, because I gave it to her as a present! I have one more beautiful chalcedony stone, and I'm in the process of making a new Icy Lake Ring. I'll post the finished ring on the following days...






And here are some more views of this ring


No comments:

Post a Comment